Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Hammer drill lost its hammer

wrote:
freddyuk wrote:
I will probably get flamed here but here goes - i bought one of those
Chinese SDS drills with rotostop and a kit of bits from France for
euro
30. I was so impressed (for domestic use only) i bought another one
on my next wine trip. A few months later they appeared in Srewfix
etc. selling for about £40.00 without the bit kit.
One of mine has lost its "hammer" action and i was wondering if there
was a way to repair it easily. It has not been used very much so
worth repairing if i can. The other one has been used a lot for
digging up concrete etc and has proved to be a real bargain for the
price.

Anyone any ideas or experience?

Thanks

Don't always look to Screwfix for power tools. Argos will do that
cheapo SDS drill with all the bits for £30, with a UK plug and local
warranty!

Might be just the switch that selects hammer action that is at fault.
Have you topped up the grease as well? I find when new you have to top
up the grease the most.

Or give up drinking and you'll be able to afford something better. ;-)

I don't think Argos do an SDS for £30?

Next!

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite