Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default Hammer drill lost its hammer

freddyuk wrote:
I will probably get flamed here but here goes - i bought one of those
Chinese SDS drills with rotostop and a kit of bits from France for
euro
30. I was so impressed (for domestic use only) i bought another one on
my next wine trip. A few months later they appeared in Srewfix etc.
selling for about £40.00 without the bit kit.
One of mine has lost its "hammer" action and i was wondering if there
was a way to repair it easily. It has not been used very much so worth
repairing if i can. The other one has been used a lot for digging up
concrete etc and has proved to be a real bargain for the price.

Anyone any ideas or experience?

Thanks

Spray a load of WD40 down the chuck, very often the bearings that create the
hammering stick, also you shouldn't use them for just hammering or just
drilling, from time to time, swap them over and let each of them have a spin
AND a hammering session.