jim rozen

Default How do you adjust the cutter bit on Aloris Tool Holders

In article , DoN. Nichols says...

You're talking about the side-to-side angle. I think that he
was talking about the *top-rake* angle,

Ah, of course.

With HSS -- if you want a rake, you grind it in the tool while
shaping the rest of it.

This explains my missing the point. I grind my HSS tools
such that there is side rake, but never any back rake,
which is what the tilt of a toolholder (in the rocker
of a lantern toolpost) creates.

I much prefer that the side cutting edge of the tool,
when mounted in an aloris tool holder, be horizontal,
as nearly as possible.

Jim

please reply to: