Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Default How to use crimping tool

Ooooh - now you've done it!! Now you've gotten me hooked. I suddenly
have this obsession to find a good, cheap one on eBay. That means
researching the models, checking Completed prices, eBay searches and
watching. Rats!

DoN. Nichols wrote:
With a quick search through eBay I find auction #7598573080
which has a crimper by AMP which can handle two sizes of terminals --
those for the red terminals (22-16 Gauge), and for the blue terminals
(16-14 Gauge). The current bid is $15.50. ...

That would be my first choice - 95% of my crimps are in that range. But
it's at $47 (shipped) with 6 hrs to go. Too much. (Googling this
crimper found retail offerings for $700, $800, & $900. YIKES!! Maybe
$47 isn't too much.)

Here is an example of what I use -- auction #7599234970
(currently at $9.95) ...

This is curious. The auction picture shows a sticker with yellow "14 -
12" & red "22 - 16":

but the spec sheet at Mouser shows it 16 - 26:
http://littleurl.com/?04io click through to "Manufacturer Data Sheet".
Anyhow, no-blue,no-good.

Bob

wait - I'm doing my eBay searches on "AMP crimper", are there any other
brands that I should be looking for?