Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy

Default Cordless doorbell - recommendations?

Mogweed wrote:

Thanks for all replies to my query - some interesting points there. I do
need one with a decent range but I intend to screw it to the wall as I
don't want tenants losing it or leaving it out in the rain - not that all
tenants are like that, of course, but I do know some who are. The only
reason I want cordless is so that I don't have to run wires all over the
place.

Anyone suggest a make and model though? B&Q have been mentioned but is it
their own brand? I've seen adverts for MK Libra - they any good?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this,
but we have a Friedland "combination" wireless doorbell system -
there is a standard bell-push with bell near the door,
and a wireless system attached to this.

We have 3 wireless "bells" around the house, battery operated.
There is some sort of flashing mode if the battery is low.

The batteries have lasted over a year so far.
The system works very well, through several very thick walls.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie