David W.E. Roberts

Default re-use old concrete as an aggregate ?

"robgraham" wrote in message
Yes, you can re use concrete as aggregate. In fact it's often sold crushed
for this purpose. I'd also query your idea of burying CH pipes. Talk to my
next door neighbour!

Rob Graham

Aggregate?
See http://www.feis.herts.ac.uk/Research...sp?groupid=114
I am now questioning if I understand what aggregate is :-)
I have always thought that aggregate was the lumpy material (usually about
20mm stone) which was mixed with sand and cement to form concrete.
I can understand how used concrete could be crushed to give 20mm lumps to
give strength to the concrete mix, but this seems a little beyond the
average DIYer.
When I first read this I assumed that the OP was confusing aggregate (which
goes into the concrete mixer) with hardcore which is generally used as a
base for poured concrete.
Now I am wondering if I have missed something?

Cheers
Dave R