Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Hammer drill lost its hammer

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:54:32 GMT, "mrcheerful ."
wrote:

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , freddyuk
writes

I will probably get flamed here but here goes - i bought one of those
Chinese SDS drills with rotostop and a kit of bits from France for euro
30. I was so impressed (for domestic use only) i bought another one on
my next wine trip. A few months later they appeared in Srewfix etc.
selling for about £40.00 without the bit kit.
One of mine has lost its "hammer" action and i was wondering if there
was a way to repair it easily. It has not been used very much so worth
repairing if i can. The other one has been used a lot for digging up
concrete etc and has proved to be a real bargain for the price.

Anyone any ideas or experience?

I expect the op machine has a proper hammer action with a little piston.

strip it down and look, or buy an identical one and take your one back
(after a week or two)

So you're suggesting dishonesty?

--

..andy