Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
dennis@home

Default 3-jaw rivet guns? (or: "Ping Andy Dingley!")

Lobster wrote:
I asked the query below tagged onto the bottom of an old thread, which
may be why it got no response, so I'm trying again in a new thread
(and x-posting to URCM too!)

Having looked around, all the rivet guns I can see appear to have two
handles (like a crimping tool) with a round nozzle for the rivet at
the tip.
Can anyone advise please? Many thanks.

I use a two jaw one for occasional riviting (like once in five years).
I can't really see why three jaws would be significantly better than two.
They only have to grip the shank while you set the rivit.