Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
reg

Default 3-jaw rivet guns? (or: "Ping Andy Dingley!")

"Lobster" wrote in message
I asked the query below tagged onto the bottom of an old thread, which may
be why it got no response, so I'm trying again in a new thread (and
x-posting to URCM too!)

Having looked around, all the rivet guns I can see appear to have two
handles (like a crimping tool) with a round nozzle for the rivet at the
tip.

Can anyone advise please? Many thanks.

Andy Dingley wrote:

When buying a pop-rivet gun, get a 3 jaw design, not a 2 jaw.
There's an extra size increment you can have, just from the grip, let
alone the effort needed.

Thanks for that advice Andy: now, as a total rivetting numpty, is it
obvious whether a rivet gun has a 3 or 2 jaw design? Never handled one
before. What about the Screwfix one which I cited previously?
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=102094&ts=70670&id=10068#

Thanks
David

what about lazy tongs http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/s.nl/sc.9/category.447/.f