Posted to uk.comp.sys.laptops,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer

Default Friggin' laptops!

In article , Dennis Pogson
writes
wrote:
Dennis Pogson wrote:
wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:

Of course I could just send it off for repair but it's going to be
a new motherboard job and it probably needs a new battery too and
and the end of the day, it'll still be a fecking Packard Bell
Easynote laptop. spit

How old is it?

Remember the sale of goods act gives you more than just the
manufacturers warranty so you may be able to get a *free* repair
for a number of years. If, however, it was so cheap you couldn't
reasonably expect it to last very long then you may be on a hiding
to nothing.

MBQ

Most of the £399 laptops are assembled by chimpanzees in coutries
where it is not illegal to train such members of the animal kingdom
and pay them by feeding them occasionally.

I tell my customers this, but they still go out and buy this garbage
instead of my Thinkpads and Toshes.

My Thinkpad was only £399, new, from a high street store. IBM sold the
brand to Lenovo, and guess where they are made ;-)

MBQ

So that on leaves HP and Dell. I have 3 Toshes and they are all excellent.
But then, I don't spend my time pulling the mains lead in and out of them.If
8-o

I've had a Dell.. useless thing..

Two S/Hand Tosh's and they've been fine)
--
Tony Sayer