Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon

Default Cordless doorbell - recommendations?

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Simon wrote:
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
news
The Medway Handyman wrote:
John wrote:

Can't recommend a make - but get one where the 'ringer' unit is
built into a plug through adaptor. Definitely not a battery
powered ringer.

Agreed. My plug in is much better than the previous battery one.
Still not perfect though. Strangely its fine plugged into a socket
outlet, but won't work if plugged into an extension cable.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

The whole point of it being wireless(battery) if you happen to go
pottering about in the garden,hence you can take it anywhere around
the house ie for slightly deaf people or you cant hear the bell in
the back garden.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I found that the ones I bought from B&Q have a range of about 5
meters and that is providing there is only one wall between bell push
and the ringer. So unless you have a very small garden in direct line
of sight of the bell push wandering round the garden is not possible
with the cheaper models.

Simon

Thats funny was hosing the yard a couple of days ago the bell worked fine
out there..

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

You must have got a better one than ours. If I plug ours in the dinning
room, which about 6 meters away but through two walls it does not work. Move
it the other side of the wall and it works. Similar problem with the ringer
upstairs, and the walls are just brick, nothing metal in them.

Simon