Posted to alt.home.repair
Suzie-Q

Default Worst Household Chores ?

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

- In article .com,
-
wrote:
- Hi folks, just wondered what the general opinion was on the worst
- household chore. Got to be a two horse race between cleaning the inside
- of the windows and cleaning the oven.
-
- Ever clean a toilet?
-
- We are considering taking on an Oven Cleaning franchise but are curious
- about the market. Would you pay =A340 to have someone overhaul your oven
- ?
-
- I wouldn't pay anything -- I have a self-cleaning oven. All I have to do is
- press the button that says "Clean", wait a few hours, and then brush or
- vacuum the ash out of the bottom.

That's pretty expensive, too. The cleaning is done by raising the
temperature in the oven so high that whatever food debris is in there
turns to ash. It uses a lot of electricity (or gas). Not as expensive
as someone cleaning the oven for you, but more costly than manually
cleaning the thing. (Like mom used to do.)
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/