Posted to alt.home.repair
123456789

Default Basemenrt reno advice

I am finishing up my basement reno job and have all my outside walls
insulated an vapour barriered. I am now wondering whatto do with my
fireplace/chimnet foundation. This is located in the center of the
basement and not on an outside wall. Should I insulate this area and
vapour barrier it as well. or just put the gyproc up without insulation
and VB? Since it is in the middle of the basement I am not sure if
there is moisture or not.

The basement will be heated with oil hot water/cast iron rads in case
this info is neeeded.

Please advise as to what the proper procedure is.