Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Norm Dresner

Default JT #2-1/2 means exactly that!

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
| Hi Norm,
|
| I've been following this discussion for the while and I
| finally had to go take a look in the dungeon. I see some
| more ideas/info has popped up since I wrote this too...
|
| I have two presses wearing AMT badges and they are probably
| the same as yours. Here is an image for comparison:
|
| http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/amt-pair.jpg
|
| These were both made in Taiwan. See the following image of
| one of the name plates and note "Made in" at the bottom of
| the plate. The company American Machine and Tool Inc is in
| PA, but these weren't made there.
|
| http://www.iserv.net/~lfisk/amt-nameplate.jpg

Yes, Leon, those are the exact same "models" that I have. I've posted my
scan of the "manual" in the dropbox at
http://www.metalworking.com
and the measurements I made in the accompanying text file.

Yes, it certainly appears to be a JT6. Knowing that, I searched Enco
http://www.use-enco.com
for JT6 chucks and came up with 4 ranging from $18 to $84 at
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INLMK32?PARTPG=INSRAR2

so there may be new chucks available after all.

Thanks very much for the info

Norm