Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert

Default Solar Powered Water Pump

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:01:12 GMT, Scott
wrote:

Hi,

In my garden the previous owners put in a hnd pump that linked to an
under ground stream, you get nice cold water out of it.

Anyway - thinking of putting an electric pump on it to say use the water
in the garden, for car cleaning and possibly at a later stage, subject
to a filtration device, use it for non drinking water in the house.
Especially if the local water company decides to make everyone have a
water meter.

Anyway - I am not sure how far the bore goes, buut can anyone point me
in the direction of some water pumps that may do what I want - but
specifically, I would like them to be solar powered if possibly - is it?

Scott

PS - reposted as totally mis-spelt the title

You cant "pull" water up more than 10m ( atmospheric pressure), any
deeper and you have to have the pump at the bottom of the well/source
and "push" it up.

Robert