Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y
wmbjk

Default Solar water heating system value

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:13:28 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

"daestrom" wrote in message
.. .

"Solar Flare" wrote in message
.. .
You would have to live in a 500 sq ft house to have less than 50'

of
copper plumbing.

Not between the laundry and the hw heater. Or do you run your

piping in a
huge loop all the way around the house to every fixture in turn? LOL

[sic].

Even with the laundry on the second floor and HW heater in the

basement, it
would have to be a pretty large house to need 50' of piping between

them.

daestrom

Cripes! My laundry tub and HW heater are more than 50' (well, maybe
40') apart the way the crow flies, let alone all the take offs in
between. I can fill my machine quarter full of cold before the hot
hits the tub.

Hmm, let's call it 60 feet of 1/2" copper pipe. Which holds .6
Imperial gallon of water, making your washer 2.4 gallons per fill.
What model would that be Gymmy Bob?

Wayne