Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Installing microwave in overhead kitchen wall cabinet

Martin Pentreath wrote :
Am I onto a loser here? I'm roughing out some plans for my (rather
small) kitchen. I want a microwave but I don't want it cluttering up
the worktop. My preferred solution would be to have it in one of the
over-counter wall cupboards (whether it's behind door or not I don't
really mind).

You might find that cupboard shelves are not really designed for the
weight, without additional reinforcement. You can however buy purpose
made microwave wall mounting brackets, with adjustable arm length.
These might be a better solution.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)