Posted to rec.woodworking
Sailaway

Default Questions, questions...

dtekie allowed me his experience thusly:
I like Garreson in upstate NY. Easy to deal with and have been happy
with their wood.
http://www.garresonlumber.com/
Hartzell Lumber is good also purchased oak a couple years ago and was
very satisfied.
http://hartzellwoodstock.bigstep.com/

I've thought about ordering online, but since I'm new to wood as opposed
to metal (other than basic carpentry) I wanted to learn by seeing and
touching the wood and asking questions of the wood dealers until I am
comfortable enough to purchase online. And of course, everything is more
expensive in NJ! Can't wait for the new gas taxes...
Thanks for the info