Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y
Steve Spence

Default Solar water heating system value

wrote:
Steve Spence wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

European machines are far more energy and water efficient. They don't
have a large bath of water in them. Water content in the most highly
efficient is very low these days.

Well, that's a gross exaggeration, as we have energy efficient machines
here in the USA (modeled after the European ones, no doubt) that are
very close in efficiency. I have a Sears front loader washer that takes
1/3rd the electric and water of my previous unit.

Do you mean 1/3 compared to a traditional top loader? Cos ours dont use
anywhere near that much.

NT

Yes, 1/3 of the traditional top loader of equivalent size.

--
Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust,