Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stealth Pilot

Default has anyone converted a cross slide screw to metric.

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:36:58 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

The metric cross slide screw is 11mm x 2mm Acme, LH. You could try Hercus
(now Axmel) in S.A. for the parts, or perhaps Mick Moyle's Engineering in
Summer Hill NSW could help. They had Hercus metric lead-screws and nuts last
time I was in there.

Metric? Thats that Frog measurement aint it?

Gunner, running for cover......

no, in my case it is american measurement :-)
the americans have been metric now for 103 years and still we have
aviation in number bolts and unf, unc, and AN.

a number sequence that goes 5/64, 3/32,7/64,1/8 is utterly mind
numbing to me.
I prefer 1.95, 2.35,2.75,3.10 which makes perfect sense to me.

I prefer to work in metric. my treasured german imperial vernier is
marked in 128ths of an inch which I also find easier.

its just me
Stealth Pilot.