Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Next project: Dining Table/Chairs?

Locutus wrote:
"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
m...
I don't own a lathe for round spindles, but that's ok because we don't
like round spindle chairs.

My biggest concern (and hers) is dishing out the seat contour for your
...um...cheeks. How do 'most' people do it? What is 'most' common? I
was think of some kind of contoured jig that I could use to make sweeping
router passes.

Suggestions?

Chairs don't HAVE to be formed to your buttcheeks... I have seen plenty og
flat bottomed chairs, or you could go the cushioned route.

There are also caned seats. Very comfortable.

__

FF