Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus

Default Next project: Dining Table/Chairs?

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
m...
My wife wants me to build her a dining table for the kitchen form cherry.
This will be the largest table I have had to make. She doesn't trust me
enough to make the chairs and she wants to buy them

I told her that I 'think' I can do it :|

I don't own a lathe for round spindles, but that's ok because we don't
like round spindle chairs.

My biggest concern (and hers) is dishing out the seat contour for your
...um...cheeks. How do 'most' people do it? What is 'most' common? I
was think of some kind of contoured jig that I could use to make sweeping
router passes.

Suggestions?

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Chairs don't HAVE to be formed to your buttcheeks... I have seen plenty og
flat bottomed chairs, or you could go the cushioned route.