Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default copperhead repellant?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:41:57 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

Goedjn wrote:
Right: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=9478

Thanks, and thanks to all. I learn something new every day.

And I wasn't making things up in thinking it would be hard to shoot a
snake with a bullet.

Not if you're Jed Clampett.

Rumor has it that black-powder pistol balls move
slowly enough that rattlesnakes see the ball coming,
and strike at it. I have no idea if that's true,
but it makes a good story.

Won't make much difference to the shooter, because
rumor has it that those snakes can 75 feet and
swallow a man whole in 1/4 second. Wonder if the
guy can pull the trigger before he is swallowed.

Maybe he can pull the trigger after he is swallowed, and make himself
a way out.