Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Is there a way to set the x-axis on my Dewalt?

DOH! You mentioned the screws and so I looked ... and yep, had it pushed
all the way to one side. Wasn't able to move it a lot, but it did move
back some, so it's pretty good now.

Guess I should go back to drinking caffeine, eh?

Thanks!

Jack

Leuf wrote:

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:29:37 -0700, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

The blade is almost all the way to the right side of the table hole.
It's okay as it is for level work, but I think that tilting the table to
the left would pose a problem.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted? Or do I need to go through
Dewalt technical support (groan).

I checked on mine and there's a little wiggle room if I loosen the
screws. Not enough to move it half of the width of the hole, but
some. There shouldn't be a problem with tilting the table if you have
a reasonable amount of clearance, the pivot point is directly in line
with the blade and you generally aren't angling a scroll saw very
much. You may want to check the table for flatness while you are at
it and maybe get them to send you a new one. Mine is a little high in
the middle, which isn't a problem, but if it's low it is.

-Leuf