Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Is there a way to set the x-axis on my Dewalt?

Uh, giving away my early life as a mathematician. I'm one of those
people who, when asked to think of a number between one and ten, thinks
of something like "square root of 11".

Okay ... anyway, the hole in my Dewalt DW788 table top is a small
teardrop shape. The table screws onto the base nice and rigidly.

The blade, when connected and tightened in, is nice and vertical. So
far, so good.

BUT ... the x-axis (left to right) is not centered. That is, if you are
directly in front of the saw and you look at the blade going through the
hole, it is off to the right. Now, if it were just a tad to the right
of the center, I wouldn't give it much thought. But it's more than a tad
(what IS a tad anyway?).

The blade is almost all the way to the right side of the table hole.
It's okay as it is for level work, but I think that tilting the table to
the left would pose a problem.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted? Or do I need to go through
Dewalt technical support (groan).

Thanks!

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:29:37 -0700, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

The blade is almost all the way to the right side of the table hole.
It's okay as it is for level work, but I think that tilting the table to
the left would pose a problem.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted? Or do I need to go through
Dewalt technical support (groan).

I checked on mine and there's a little wiggle room if I loosen the
screws. Not enough to move it half of the width of the hole, but
some. There shouldn't be a problem with tilting the table if you have
a reasonable amount of clearance, the pivot point is directly in line
with the blade and you generally aren't angling a scroll saw very
much. You may want to check the table for flatness while you are at
it and maybe get them to send you a new one. Mine is a little high in
the middle, which isn't a problem, but if it's low it is.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

DOH! You mentioned the screws and so I looked ... and yep, had it pushed
all the way to one side. Wasn't able to move it a lot, but it did move
back some, so it's pretty good now.

Guess I should go back to drinking caffeine, eh?

Thanks!

Jack

Leuf wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Guess I should go back to drinking caffeine, eh?

This makes perfect sense to me. ANY excuse to have another cup of
coffee is fine by me. Now I can reason that if I can't find something,
it's time for another cup.

The Java is on the way.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:
Uh, giving away my early life as a mathematician. I'm one of those
people who, when asked to think of a number between one and ten, thinks
of something like "square root of 11".

Okay ... anyway, the hole in my Dewalt DW788 table top is a small
teardrop shape. The table screws onto the base nice and rigidly.

The blade, when connected and tightened in, is nice and vertical. So
far, so good.

BUT ... the x-axis (left to right) is not centered. That is, if you are
directly in front of the saw and you look at the blade going through the
hole, it is off to the right. Now, if it were just a tad to the right
of the center, I wouldn't give it much thought. But it's more than a tad
(what IS a tad anyway?).

A tad is one end of a tadpole, obviously. grin *ribbit*

More seriously, it is a small male child. also "a small amount" -- presumably
derived from the child reference.

Guessing, it has a similar history to 'lad', another male child reference.

Or, they decided that "Thaddaeus" was too big a name for a small child.

The blade is almost all the way to the right side of the table hole.
It's okay as it is for level work, but I think that tilting the table to
the left would pose a problem.

Have you tried tilting the blade, and seeing what happens?

What happens if you take off the regular blade, and put on a 3/4" dado blade?

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted?

Adjusting screws below the table, as others have pointed out.

Note: most blades are at least "somewhat" off-center towards the 'direction
of tilt' side of the table opening. i.e., towards the right for a right-
tilt saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil-in-MI

Web Link http://www.scrollsaws.com/

Then on the left hand side look for DeWalt Tune Up
Long article(s) on general tune ups for DeWalt

BTW, spend a few minutes looking over his notes on blades,
blade tension, and Blade Choices.

Phil

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message . ..