Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

Default How to use crimping tool

I have been using a crimper that's the twin of the OP's for 40+ years.
I can't say that I've never had a bad crimp, but very few. Almost
always a post-crimp tug will catch it.

Is it a "bad tool" and/or having I been creating "bad crimps"? My main
criterion is "Does it work?" Like most here, I use it for hobby work,
as I guess the OP does. Professional requirement *will* be different.

No doubt, the crimpers starting at $100 are better. But not worth it to
me. I'd say if you buy your crimps in 100-count boxes, you should get a
gold-standard crimper. If you buy variety packs or 10-count boxes, a
$10 one will do. If I didn't already have 2, I'd get the $26 Klein - a
nice middle ground.

Bob