Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Windmill types?

In article ,
says...

How do I tell if a servo is a DC permanant magnet type?
Most of these have screw on Cannon or amphenal type connectors.
Most are Reliance electric..so I could do a web search........

A DCPM motor will have brushes and two large power connections. A
brushless (AC) servo will have three power leads or connections, some
smaller connections for the commutation sensors, and no (surprise g)
brushes. This is in addition to the encoder/tacho/resolver or whatever
the motor uses for position/velocity feedback.

Since a brushless servo motor is essentially a synchronous three phase
PM motor, I expect it'd make a dandy alternator. Rectify the output if
you want DC to power an inverter.

Ned Simmons