Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa

Default copperhead repellant?

mm wrote:

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:27:44 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Jim Yanik wrote:

You can buy shotshells for pistols.I believe they were created specifically
for shooting snakes.

Yep -- in fact, it's called "snake shot".

Another question about guns and the movies.

In the movies sometimes, the hero is underwater and he gets his gun
out and shoots someone. Once I even saw him shoot someone when the
gun was still underwater.

Doesn't the barrel fill with water, and isn't it dangerous to shoot
the gun when there is such an obstruction? Will the bullet get out
of the barrel at all?

Even if the water is poured out, there will still be a thin layer or a
few drops of water sticking to the inside of the barrel. Is there a
problem shooting the gun until that evaporates? After all, there is
not that much space between the bullet and the barrel.

They also show bullets "sparking" on various metals too. Movies have
their own "reality distortion" that bears little resemblance to "real
life." The fear of firearms is fed largely by the movie industries'
depiction of guns and bullets as they wish they were rather than how
they really are.
--
Grandpa