Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default Windmill types?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:02:58 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 13 Mar 2006 18:51:25 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

google "Hugh Piggott" of Scotland.

So far, Ive read most of his online stuff.

I've got his "brake-drum windmill" book, it's a gen or three behind his
current now but there's nothing wrong with or unbuildable about his
plans. And blade carving hasn't changed unless something has changed in
the laws of physics...all that is different, I expect, is the generator
itself.

Before you ask - the blades are made and I never got to the rotor,
lacking a 3/4 ton pickup as a source of those parts.