Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Why are most shaver sockets dual voltage?

"Mungo" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:55:37 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

Why do you shave?

Because otherwise he would grow a beard!

And what's wrong with a beard, Nigel?
I do the manly thing and grow the facial fuzz.

Hurrah!

Makes me sound heroic
until you
find out that I grow the beard in the winter because it keeps my chin
nice and
warm!

Of more importance, why are there more than a dozen shaver sockets
advertised
on Screwfix - makes the job of choosing the perfect one for the new
en-suite tricky.

Oh poor baby! They really shouldn't send those things to men ... decision
making doesn't go with facial stubble.

(I'm installing said socket as a summer contingency in case anyone
asks).

We recently installed one for the toothbrush charger. It will also be useful
for when RAF son stays, he's not allowed to grow a beard.

Mungo :-)

P.S. American in-laws decided to brave air-travel and come visit sunny
Scotland a year
or so ago. They bought one of those "adaptor" plugs for some mains
electrical
appliance and when the device failed to work they asked me if I could
help.
Yes: the device just did a pin conversion, not a pin-and-voltage. So
some nice little
115 volt gadget got the full 240 volt treatment (whose peak is 330v or
so if I remember
correctly that you multiple the value by the square root of two) : bang.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!