Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default copperhead repellant?

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:22:48 -0600, "RobertM"
wrote:

In Tennessee, then entire state is their habitat. If I called the county
agent every time I saw a copperhead, the county agent would soon think I was
the pest. Most folks around here kill them, but snakes are good for rodent
control. I'd prefer find a way to keep them away from the lawn. Rattlesnakes
tend to be a problem, too, but not as bad. The lawnmower usually wins when
there is a chance encounter while cutting the lawn.

Sounds like you have your share. I was on the Cumberland River
(Jackson County) last week. I happened to ask about the varieties of
snakes there. It seemed moccasins where the big deal. I didn't hear
about copperheads there, but the terrain would be ideal for them.

If I can't avoid them, yes I would kill them if necessary.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."