Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default copperhead repellant?

mm wrote in
:

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 01:53:21 GMT, "Searcher"
wrote:

YEah, cottonmouths are famous for attacking, I was bitten in the hand
trying get away from a CM. It was not fun, remote camping area/
helicopter/ 8 hours in the hospital all for " well, it seems that you
should be just fine, snake sometime do not inject everytime they bite"
Thank God for that. I must hane gotten something cause I did get
nausea and felt very wierd, but nothing like a full blown snake bite.
BTW, thats why I carry a .357 now!

No offense meant. I'm really curious and you're the first person I
could ask.

Would you have time for more than one bullet? If not, what are the
odds you could hit a moving snake? What are the odds that you could
hit a snake that was lying still? You must mean that you're planning
to empty the gun at it, right? Will the noise make it more
aggressive?

You can buy shotshells for pistols.I believe they were created specifically
for shooting snakes.
Loadout would be;1st round is shot,the rest your usual self-defense load.
(for both 2 and 4-legged animals)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik