Brian

Default OT Harbor Freight HVLP spray equipment

This looks like a good rig to experiment with, if nothing else. Paint guns
seem to all look alike from the outside to me, I can't tell the difference
between a great one and an adequate one just by looking at them.

I went to an HVLP gun for car painting (race cars, 50/50 paint jobs and
was very impressed. a really good finish, and the economy and mist
reduction was as advertised. I regulated to about 100 psi at the tank, to
50 psi at an intermediate water separator, and to final pressure at the gun
handle. I found that I could do just fine with a 2 hp (real 2 hp, 10 amps
at 220v) 20 gallon tank Webster compressor, but I had to put up with it
hammering away. I could spray about a half a quart (what I mixed at one
time anyway) before I wanted to let it catch up and rest. Not ideal
perhaps, but worked just fine.

Brian

"Bill Schoenbeck" wrote in message
Hi, Sorry for the off topic post but there seems to be a large
knowledge base regarding Harbor freight products here. I'm looking to
buy a rig for spray painting. I would like it to be general purpose
for use with different finish products But my initial use will be with
latex house paint. I'd like to try HVLP for the advertised benefits of
less overspray and bounceback. I see HF has ITEM 7902-5VGA HVLP
conversion spray gun with a remote 2qt cup for $99.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search
I like the remote cup as I could then spray overhead to do the eaves
on the new addition to the house and have to stop and fill the cup
less often. This unit looks suspiciously like the Wagner HVLP
conversion gun I have seen online at Wagner and Gleem Paint.
http://store.yahoo.com/gleempaint/hvcongunw2qr.html Has anyone used
the HF (or Wagner) rig with latex house paint? Did you thin the latex?
By how much? I have no doubt that either will work for lighter
finishes but am looking for further insight as to the thicker latex.
My compressor is a Devilbiss with a 25 gal. tank and claimed 5hp (no I
don't believe that) and claimed to supply 8.8 SCFM @ 40 psi (not sure
about that). Thanks for any info to make an informed purchase.

Bill