Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don

Default spindle extender?

Arch: I have a vicmarc 300 lathe and many of the natural edged
bowls i turn are too deep to allow my oneway vacum acsessories i use
on the headstock . with a spindle extender threaded onto the headstock
i would gain another three inches of head room. I could make new ones
from mdf etc but there would just be some more tools to shuffle
around with. the vacum system is a 3/4hp gast vac system with one of
those threaded rods thru the headstock . I guess i will buy a
regular extension and have it drilled out. As it is now i use a
reverse jam with a hardwood extension in my four jaw chuck. with
several different dias. hope this is what u r asking about. Don