Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

Default Why are most shaver sockets dual voltage?

On 13 Mar 2006 00:05:04 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
"Willi" writes:
Out of interest, does anyone know why in most homes/fittings in the uk are
the shaver points dual voltage. i.e. 115 & 240 when all shavers I have ever
seen sold in the uk are 240v

Mine have all been dual voltage or wide range, 100-250V.

Although I do somewhere have an eclectic razor, I always prefer a
conventional manual "wet" razor, being faster and more thorough than
any powered one.

I draw the line at a "cut-throat" razor :-) The Gillette Mach 3 Turbo
is my current favourite, with "Body Shop" Shave Cream.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland