Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Are 'screws' available.

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 23:48:35 UTC, Frank Erskine
wrote:

Slightly OT, but speaking of helpful service departments, a few years
ago I was given a Marantz "Superscope" portable cassette recorder. I
contacted Marantz about the availability of a carrying strap for same,
and was promptly sent, entirely FOC, a strap and a service manual for
the machine, even though it had been out of production for quite a
while. Firms/companies like that deserve due support.

I had the same experience with Quad. I asked for a user manual for the
33 and the 303, and was sent (by mistake) the service manuals. On
request, they sent the user manuals too.

I asked about sending the units back for servicing. They said 'pack in
original boxes', which I hadn't got. So they shipped me a pair of
original boxes with the right internal packing.

Incidentally, I laughed a little when the pre-amp came back. The little
'Quad' light had had the gold lettering rubbed off. They'd replaced it
FOC, which reminded me of the rumour that Wolseley did much the same
with their radiator badges..!