Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:46:10 +0000, Nick Hull wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:20:04 GMT, Nick Hull wrote:
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration.
If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw
you,
idiot.

I homeschool

Good for you. I know several people who do this and it works well when
the parents are properly motivated and the kids are up to it.

The thing is, Nick, that you benefit from the money spent on public
schools regardless of if you have a student there, just as you benefit
from roads you don't yourself drive on.

There's no way I benefit from "public" schools, since I'm childfree.

Part of the problem is paying teenage girls to produce *******s.

Frankly, I think the kids would be better educated if they stayed home
and watched TV. It couldn't be much worse.//

and all the FDA does is keep me from getting the medicine I
really need.

The FDA certainly isn't perfect, that's for sure. But I think it's
better than the snake-oil situation that seems to have existed before
they arrived on the scene.

I miss the snake oil, it worked better than today's allopaths.

I just want the right to determine what goes into or comes out of my
body. I don't need some self-appointed (or "duly elected"(erected?))
"official" dictating what I can do or not do. (as long as I don't harm
others, yadda yadda.)

Whose property am I?

Whose property are you?

Are your elected "officials" smarter, or wiser, than you? Howcome
humans, supposedly the most highly evolved species on the planet,
need some authoritarian to tell us what we can and can't eat? Do
God's creatures in the wild need some pseudo-scientist lording it
over them, telling them what's "good for them"? OF COURSE NOT!

But the sheeple seem to have abandoned Free Will and common sense
in favor of obeisance and the illusion of security.

Feh!
Rich
--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum