Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Darwin Award Nominee?

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:38:26 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:
Rich Grise, PLainclothes Hippie wrote:

In fact, as president, I will issue an edict that declares that I get
paid nothing from taxes, and announce on TeeVee that everybody else in
the government should follow my example. ;-) [ - this smiley is for
the "this is a happy idea" paradigm, not the "ha, ha, what a joke!"
one.]

And so what are you going to live on? Are you going to work at McD and
be President in your spare time?

I didn't say I would outlaw voluntary donations. And you can send your
senators and representatives, and yea, verily, the pentagon, as much money
as you want to. D'ya like war? Send a check to the warmakers!

But taxation is theft, and no amount or rhetoric can change that simple
truth.

Well, now we know who the real Darwin award nominee is around here.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Nick Hull

In article ,
Keith Williams wrote:

Sales tax can be as bad as the income tax.

Sales tax might collect as much as the income tax, but it is never as
bad as the income tax.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
KyMike

If I'm not mistaken british railroads use 50 hz AC power.

Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Steve B wrote:
"Nick Hull" wrote in message

In article QilPf.588$wp.547@fed1read12,
"Steve B" wrote:

I don't see how it would not shock you if you ****ed on it, though. If
you
were wearing rubber soled shoes, it wouldn't get you, but if you were
barefooted, I think it would. Would you try it out and get back to us?

pee is in droplets; the air in between insulates.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Funny. I've been watching mine for years and years and years now. I never
noticed it is in droplets. It looks like a stream to me.

Stop watching it long enough to look up and see the notice I just tacked
on the wall above the urinal (With OT metal thumbtacks.) It reads:

THE FUTURE OF THE HUMAN RACE IS IN YOUR HANDS

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:06:12 GMT, the renowned Nick Hull
wrote:

In article ,
Keith Williams wrote:

Sales tax can be as bad as the income tax.

Sales tax might collect as much as the income tax, but it is never as
bad as the income tax.

Exactly. Eliminating the income tax would be wonderful, revolutionary,
liberating, but in a time of enormous and rapidly increasing
government spending and huge equally enormous deficits, it would
probably require politically impossible (and possibly practically
impossible, since cheating would become too attractive) rates of
consumption tax and user fees.

Imagine income and sources of income being none of the business of
governments..

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Funny. I've been watching mine for years and years and years now. I
never noticed it is in droplets. It looks like a stream to me.

You must have a real pistol, and not just a ****-to-leta like some poor guys
get as standard equipment.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

"Richard Lamb" wrote: THE FUTURE OF THE HUMAN RACE IS IN YOUR HANDS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The future of the human race is in your hands.
DON'T LET IT DOWN.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Richard Lamb" wrote: THE FUTURE OF THE HUMAN RACE IS IN YOUR HANDS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The future of the human race is in your hands.
DON'T LET IT DOWN.

I didn't say that.

I said

!

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

"RST Engineering (jw)" wrote in message
.. .
No, honey, that dress doesn't make your ass look fat. That half gallon

of
ice cream you had for dessert last night makes your ass look fat.

Jim

"Rich The Newsgroup Wacko" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:39:54 -0500, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

(Honey, dows this dress make me look fat? No dear, but your ass does.)

That only qualifies for an honerable mention: Although you will not get any
sex for the rest of your miserable life, you did not eliminate yourself from
the gene pool. Buy you wife a gun first, then have a go. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
J. Clarke

Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
Keith Williams wrote:

Sales tax can be as bad as the income tax.

Sales tax might collect as much as the income tax, but it is never as
bad as the income tax.

Actually, it is worse because it is _hidden_.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:01:48 -0500, the renowned "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
Keith Williams wrote:

Sales tax can be as bad as the income tax.

Sales tax might collect as much as the income tax, but it is never as
bad as the income tax.

Actually, it is worse because it is _hidden_.

The vast majority of it is not _hidden_ , it is completely visible. In
the US and Canada, that is. In Europe it's hidden in retail prices.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:01:48 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:
Nick Hull wrote:

Sales tax might collect as much as the income tax, but it is never as
bad as the income tax.

Actually, it is worse because it is _hidden_.

(me: digs out wallet)
(me: removes receipts from wallet)
(me: can't find one with sales tax not obvious)
(me: shrugs)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joel Kolstad

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Nick Hull wrote:
Sales tax might collect as much as the income tax, but it is never as
bad as the income tax.

Actually, it is worse because it is _hidden_.

As far as I'm aware, in all U.S. states with sales tax, prices marked on items
are still the pre-tax price, so it's very obvious to the purchaser when they
actually go to check-out just how much the tax they're paying is.

I do agree that the method used in other countries -- "GST included" -- does
hide what's going on and is not good for the people.

In the U.S. gas prices are always advertised including taxes; I suspect this
is done because gasoline taxes are such a large percentage of the purchase
price.

---Joel Kolstad

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Pig Bladder

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 08:36:39 -0800, Joel Kolstad wrote:
"Nick Hull" wrote in message

When I lived on Merrit Island FL (near the launch pads) the 'city' was
not incorporated and there was no city tax. The library kept building
bigger buildings, it got lots of donations. The local merchants
beautified the roads.

[etc...]

This is a great idea when it works, but personally I believe that
realistically only a small fraction of the population has (1) enough
money...

Of course they have! Where the **** do you think the
trillion-dollars-a-year federal pork barrel comes from?

OUT OF YOUR PAYCHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 06:29:00 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 03:52:22 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Carl
Smith quickly quoth:
says...
The cat was standing
over
me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face,
undoubtedly thinking to herself, "do it again, do it again!"

She was probably thinking "Uh, oh. Who's going to feed me now?"

...as Carl's wife (who was looking over his shoulder as he typed that)
goes out and buys the same model taser to use on him...

I imagine she could lick his face and ask to be fed without having to
tase him. ;-)
--
Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 07:22:00 -0700, DE wrote:
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 12:39:50 +0000, David Billington

Great, reminds me of a chap I knew in high school who admitted ****ing
on an electric cattle fence. He said he didn't feel quite right for
about a week.

Myth Busters did a segment on that one---it was busted -no chance
of even a tingle wizzing on a hot fence.

But fence energizers a good source of entertainment when city folk
are out for a visit.....my Parmak MK 5 will flat knock you down if you
try and squeeze through it and touch it with your back while touching
the ground wire. Dogs are particularly sensitive to shocks, cured
the rottweiler down the road from coming around. The owner says
he wont go near a fence for some reason.....

I think that maybe people have different "thresholds of shock", to coin a
phrase. One time in school or at some club or something, somebody had a
Tesla coil or magneto, and about a dozen kids stood in a circle holding
hands, and they handed a lead to each of the end kids. When they turned on
the power supply, most people just got a sort of a tingle, but one guy
almost went down - he was writhing like he was in pain.

So the rest of us just let go. I don't know if it's significant that he
was about the middle of the string of kids.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 05:25:34 +0000, Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Richard Lamb" wrote: THE FUTURE OF THE HUMAN RACE IS IN YOUR HANDS
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The future of the human race is in your hands.
DON'T LET IT DOWN.

"Why are you looking up here? The joke is in your hands."
--
Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pig Bladder

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Funny. I've been watching mine for years and years and years now. I
never noticed it is in droplets. It looks like a stream to me.

You must have a real pistol, and not just a ****-to-leta like some poor guys
get as standard equipment.

Steve

It's not the size of the tool that's important, it's the skill of the
operator.
--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that
hot babe to ask what my favorite planet is. ;-j

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
J. Clarke

Rich Grise wrote:

[...]

He might have been standing on a piece of rebar or something.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Leo Lichtman

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote: (clip) I shouldn't HAVE to pay my
hard-earned money to benefit YOU!

Screw you, commie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well. Dave Hinz has given up on you, which should tell me to know better,
but I can't resist. You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration. If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw you,
idiot.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:05:21 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:51:02 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:

You keep not getting it. People buy goods transported on I80, right?
Does that mean that they themselves have to drive on it? They benefit
from a shared piece of infrastructure that they may never themselves
directly use.

No, the people who pay for the truckers' deisel fuel pay for it.

Yes.

What exactly is it I'm "not getting"?

The part where you, as a consumer, go from paying for the roads through
taxes, to under your plan, being you the consumer paying for the roads
through higher prices to pay for the taxes. You're not gaining me
anything, you're just making my money go through an extra set of hands
in the process.

Extra set of hands? The present system of sending the money through
the IRS to Congress, lumping it into a big pile, then trickling it back
down through the Dept. of Transportation and to the states is about as
indirect as it could possibly be. And, there's no guarantee that any
particular amount will wind up being spent on the roads.

In fact, your plan would cause prices to rise, which in
the sort-term at least would be taking money out of my pocket.

You're already paying it in income tax, but while they've got your
money, they're spending *most* of it on lots of other things you
probably wish they wouldn't.

A road-use tax (e.g. fuel tax) covering at least part of the cost of
the roads has several advantages.

One is 'feedback': the more roads are used (and worn), the more
maintenance money they get. Sort of a self-correcting, self-centering
quality that keeps them up. It makes them self-tending, in an indirect
sort of way.

Another advantage is that it's much easier to keep track of the money
as it goes from the tax directly to the road. Try tracking that trail
through Congress now!

Another advantage is that these factors ensure the money winds up
actually supporting the roadways. Currently, it's all annually at
Congress' whim.

Politically, it's a way to pay for the things we all agree on, while
preserving your freedom to argue with the other uses the government
might choose for your taxes.

No
thanks.

There's a lot to be said in favor of making the roadways at least
partially self-supporting, and ditto for a number of other items.

Regards,
James Arthur

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DE

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 23:15:10 GMT, Rich Grise
wrote:

I think that maybe people have different "thresholds of shock", to coin a
phrase.
Cheers!
Rich

I had an employee (ranch hand) who would test fuses on a 3ph pump
panel by licking his fingers and touching top to bottom over the fuse.
He did the same thing on the electric fence to see if it was shorted.
I always thought it was his heavy callouses till I bought one of the
newer fence chargers. It made him smile.....but he still just licked
his fingers and pinched the wire and drawled " yep its hot"...
His mama must of been hit by lightening or something. Damn
fence wire felt like you'd been kicked by a horse and stung by a
yellowjacket at he same time to me when I licked my fingers and
pinched it.

ED

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:27:34 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote:

I don't see how it would not shock you if you ****ed on it, though. If
you
were wearing rubber soled shoes, it wouldn't get you, but if you were
barefooted, I think it would. Would you try it out and get back to us?

pee is in droplets; the air in between insulates.

Mythbusters just tackled the ****ing on the third rail question. Short
version: you don't have the flow needed to conduct. That said, I still
wouldn't do it.

But, was the rail on the ground, or up closer to the head of yer pecker? I
can see that on a long stream, it would start to break apart. But on a
short stream close up to the source, like electric wires are hung, that it
would be possible to get a connection.

But, like you say, I will let others find out. And I guess I can forget
about the time my friend peed on one and got shocked. He was pretty close
to it.

I guess, according to Mythbusters, I really didn't see and hear what I saw
and heard.

Steve

I got my dick knocked into the dirt ****ing on an electric fence when
I was 14 and we were running raccoons at night with dogs.

Leather soled boots that had gotten wet from night dew.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
daniel peterman

Randy Cunning ham. that's all you need to know. War hero, yeah right.
thief snooker and now gonna be n prison for the rest of his life.Good
job bombing villages in Vietnam. Jackass
Do you not just wanna take a step back and see what these politicos are
doing. Ripping us off and there is no such thing as "public Money"
I'm part of the public and I never get anything back.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Nick Hull

In article ,
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote: (clip) I shouldn't HAVE to pay my
hard-earned money to benefit YOU!

Screw you, commie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well. Dave Hinz has given up on you, which should tell me to know better,
but I can't resist. You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration. If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw you,
idiot.

I homeschool and all the FDA does is keep me from getting the medicine I
really need. If I can bankrupt you with taxes maybe you will stop
voting

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Mike Martin

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:08:14 +0000, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote: (clip) I shouldn't HAVE to pay my
hard-earned money to benefit YOU!

Screw you, commie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well. Dave Hinz has given up on you, which should tell me to know better,
but I can't resist. You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration. If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw you,
idiot.

Schools and roads are paid for mostly with local/state taxes, where do
you think the money you pay in sales taxes goes? (it depends of course,
on where you are, but you can see my point?)

FEDERAL income tax doesn't pay for your schools and roads (mostly), it
pays for pork. This country got along without a federal income tax for a
long time, the Government convinced the people to vote one in as a
temporary measure, then the Government just kept forgetting to stop the
temporary measure and we get the system we have today.

Mike
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:20:04 GMT, Nick Hull wrote:
In article ,
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration. If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw you,
idiot.

I homeschool

Good for you. I know several people who do this and it works well when
the parents are properly motivated and the kids are up to it.

The thing is, Nick, that you benefit from the money spent on public
schools regardless of if you have a student there, just as you benefit
from roads you don't yourself drive on.

and all the FDA does is keep me from getting the medicine I
really need.

The FDA certainly isn't perfect, that's for sure. But I think it's
better than the snake-oil situation that seems to have existed before
they arrived on the scene.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Richard the Dreaded Libertarian

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:08:14 +0000, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Richard the Dreaded Libertarian" wrote: (clip) I shouldn't HAVE to pay my
hard-earned money to benefit YOU!

Screw you, commie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well. Dave Hinz has given up on you, which should tell me to know better,
but I can't resist. You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration. If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw you,
idiot.

The point I'm trying to make is that there's no need to filter your money
through the money-grubbing sticky fingers of the Federal Government and
get about 10% of it back for your schools, roads, and etc.

Those are supposed to be local issues. I don't use your schools, and I
pay for your roads by gasonine taxes.

And GAWD knows I have no use for the FDA or any other part of the federal
bureaucracy.

Thanks,
Rich
--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Fred Bloggs

[...snip idiot drivel...]

This Dave Hinz is what we call a plonk-and-run queen around here. Yep
that's right , a latent homo boy.

How long have you flaccid fairies been playing "man"?

Have another Old Milwaukee on me....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 02:59:33 GMT, Fred Bloggs
wrote:

[...snip idiot drivel...]

This Dave Hinz is what we call a plonk-and-run queen around here. Yep
that's right , a latent homo boy.

How long have you flaccid fairies been playing "man"?

Have another Old Milwaukee on me....

Fred! Fred! Fred! Fred!

What? No pussy AGAIN for the weekend ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Michael A. Terrell

wrote:

[...snip idiot drivel...]

This Dave Hinz is what we call a plonk-and-run queen around here. Yep
that's right , a latent homo boy.

How long have you flaccid fairies been playing "man"?

Have another Old Milwaukee on me....

Fred! Fred! Fred! Fred!

What? No pussy AGAIN for the weekend ?:-)

Jim Thompson

Don't underestimate yourself, Jim. BTW, Fred's already "had" you.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Nick Hull

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration.
If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw
you,
idiot.

I homeschool

Good for you. I know several people who do this and it works well when
the parents are properly motivated and the kids are up to it.

The thing is, Nick, that you benefit from the money spent on public
schools regardless of if you have a student there, just as you benefit
from roads you don't yourself drive on.

Frankly, I think the kids would be better educated if they stayed home
and watched TV. It couldn't be much worse.//

and all the FDA does is keep me from getting the medicine I
really need.

The FDA certainly isn't perfect, that's for sure. But I think it's
better than the snake-oil situation that seems to have existed before
they arrived on the scene.

I miss the snake oil, it worked better than today's allopaths.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

You just don't get it. When I pay my taxes, I am
helping build schools, roads, and run the Food and Drug Administration.
If
you don't pay your taxes, you are getting a ride at my expense. Screw
you,
idiot.

I homeschool

Good for you. I know several people who do this and it works well when
the parents are properly motivated and the kids are up to it.

The thing is, Nick, that you benefit from the money spent on public
schools regardless of if you have a student there, just as you benefit
from roads you don't yourself drive on.

There's no way I benefit from "public" schools, since I'm childfree.

Part of the problem is paying teenage girls to produce *******s.

Frankly, I think the kids would be better educated if they stayed home
and watched TV. It couldn't be much worse.//

and all the FDA does is keep me from getting the medicine I
really need.

The FDA certainly isn't perfect, that's for sure. But I think it's
better than the snake-oil situation that seems to have existed before
they arrived on the scene.

I miss the snake oil, it worked better than today's allopaths.

I just want the right to determine what goes into or comes out of my
body. I don't need some self-appointed (or "duly elected"(erected?))
"official" dictating what I can do or not do. (as long as I don't harm
others, yadda yadda.)

Whose property am I?

Whose property are you?

Are your elected "officials" smarter, or wiser, than you? Howcome
humans, supposedly the most highly evolved species on the planet,
need some authoritarian to tell us what we can and can't eat? Do
God's creatures in the wild need some pseudo-scientist lording it
over them, telling them what's "good for them"? OF COURSE NOT!

But the sheeple seem to have abandoned Free Will and common sense
in favor of obeisance and the illusion of security.

Feh!
Rich
--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Joseph2k

Howard Eisenhauer wrote:

Come on, admit it- This is something you've always wanted to try .

**********

Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife? This was submitted
by
a guy who purchased his lovely wife a "Pocket Taser" for their
anniversary.

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that
sparked
my interest. The occasion was our 22nd anniversary and I was looking
for
a little something extra for my wife Toni.

What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The
effects of the taser were suppose to be short lived, with no long-term
adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to
retreat to
safety.... WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded
two
triple-a batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I
was
disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND
pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue
arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.
Awesome!!!

Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Toni what that burn spot is on
the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that
it
couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries,. right?!!!

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently
(trusting
little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I
really
needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must
admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and
thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to
give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did
want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading
glasses
perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand,
taser
in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock
and
disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause
muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst
would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish
out
of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the
batteries.
All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5"
long,
less than 3/4" in circumference; pretty cute really and loaded with
two itsy, bitsy triple-a batteries thinking to myself, "no possible
way!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my
best.....

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head ****ed to one
side as to say, "don't do it master," reasoning that a one-second
burst
from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I
decided
to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it. I touched
the
prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY MOTHER,
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION@!@$$!%!@*!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me
up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and
over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the
fetal
position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on
fire,
testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body
in
the oddest position, and tingling in my legs. The cat was standing
over
me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face,
undoubtedly thinking to herself, "do it again, do it again!"

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one
note of caution: there is no such thing as a one-second burst when
you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is
dislodged
from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three
second burst would be considered conservative.

SON-OF-A-.. that hurt like hell!!! A minute or so later (I can't be
sure,
as time was a relative thing at that point), collected my wits (what
little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading
glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they up get
there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still
twitching.
My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip
weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles? I'm offering a
significant
reward for their safe return.

Still in shock

H.

Amazing. 10 minutes laughing, i still hurt. Too bad you lived, you cannot
qualify, you have not removed yourself from the gene pool. I cannot
imagine what our spouse might say, perhaps she will remove you from the
gene pool.
--
JosephKK
--Schiller