Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Are 'screws' available.

wrote:

I'm looking for a screw type for my B&D jigsaw. the bit that holds the

Seems like a fair swap...

blade in place. i have lost 1 of them and need to replace it. It's a
bit tricky with just 1.

Oh, I see what you mean! ;-)

The thread is like the screws used in electrical sockets, but what are
they called.

I took the remaining 1 to my local diy store who said they were machine
screws and not available.

Well yes and no. They are machine screws - probably pan head slotted,
however theyare readily available. Homebase carry a few at huge price is
little blister packs. However Maplin may be a better bet:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...m3&sour ce=15

If you don't mind ordering then try www.cpc.co.uk

--
Cheers,