Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Are 'screws' available.

On 12 Mar 2006 12:07:32 -0800, wrote:

I'm looking for a screw type for my B&D jigsaw. the bit that holds the
blade in place. i have lost 1 of them and need to replace it. It's a
bit tricky with just 1.

The thread is like the screws used in electrical sockets, but what are
they called.

I took the remaining 1 to my local diy store who said they were machine
screws and not available.

Anyone know what they are called and where i can get them.

Many thanks.

Grub screws?

Do they do up with a hexagonal (Allen) key?

It should be possible to buy a mixed pack from a model shop or
somewhere like that. I would think that the ones you need would be
M3 or M4 or something in that range.

Alternatively, call a B&D service centre and more than likely they'll
send you some for nothing.

--

..andy