Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joan Riley

Default digging spike - where can I get one

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:19:01 -0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article
Joan Riley wrote:
Hi,
I am looking for a digging spike (or whatever it is called). It is
similar to a wrecking bar but is straight and about 5 feet long with a
spike at one end and a flat at the other for hitting with a hammer.
There is something similar in Screwfix but it a spike at one end and a
chisel at the other so I can't bash it without ruining the chisel end.

You could always cut the end off.

If you've got a five foot steel bar in your hands why do you need a
hammer anyway?

Because we have very rocky ground, rocks ranging from an inch or two
across to large boulders (a couple of feet across) with only 3 inches
of soil on top.

Joan
remove 'spam' from email to reply