Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - The Gear We Leave Behind

F. George McDuffee wrote:
This thread seems like a logical place to post this.

Unka George

It is always dangerous to extrapolate from a sample of one,
however the following instance appears to be typical of the
rapidly increasing number of "flakes," "whack jobs' and "head
cases" infesting the policy making positions of American
government at all levels.

Note to Cliff:
== Unfortunately, neither major party has a monopoly. ==

While the people that steal for themselves, as in the following
article, cause enough problems, it is the functionaries in
government that seem compelled to steal "because it is there"
that are the greatest danger, i.e. eminent domain seizure of your
home so that other people can get rich, oil give-away, etc.

Is there any sort of psychological test that candidates for these
positions can be required to take that will weed out at least the
more egregious?

======== Excerpt from AP article follows ==============

Bush Shocked -- Shocked by Arrest of Former Adviser

By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer 41 minutes ago

WASHINGTON -
President Bush on Saturday said he was shocked and saddened to
learn that former domestic policy adviser Claude Allen was
charged with theft for allegedly receiving phony refunds at
department stores.

Of what worth is a phony refund? The dumbass should have gotten "real"
refunds.

"When I heard the story last night, I was shocked, and my first
reaction was one of disappointment, deep disappointment - if it's
true - that we were not fully informed," Bush said. "Shortly
thereafter, I felt really sad for the Allen family."

Allen, 45, was arrested Thursday by police in Montgomery County,
Md., for allegedly claiming refunds for more than $5,000 worth of
merchandise he did not buy, according to county and federal
authorities.

Oh! He provided phony receipts and got "real" refunds. That should be
illegal.

Just goes to show that you can't trust the media to get a story right.