Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default OT - The Gear We Leave Behind

"Stuart Grey" wrote in message
. ..

Sorry about your missing out on $5/bolt, but it has to do with metal
fatigue and mean time between failure.

I'm sure as hell not going to support sending young guys into war with old
bolts that will eventually fail so you can make five bucks. Sorry.

I don't think you understand, I didn't communicate well. The bolts have to
go through a severe battery of tests to be used at all, even new ones. The
new ones ane certified here in the states then sent over. "Old" ones are
disgarded in the field. But, at several hundred bucks each they are worth
re-certing in the states. Tell me the difference between a "New" bolt that
passes inspection and an "Old" bolt that passes the same tests. Not all the
new ones make the grade to begin with.