Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Gentry

Default How to use crimping tool

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 03:59:45 GMT, Alex wrote:

Guys,

when you use crimping tools does it matter which side of connector goes under tooth of
crimping tool? The part where two ends of connectors "neck" tube meet or other side?

BTW I have a stripping/crimping tool like this one:
http://store.yahoo.com/bostonindustr...crtowi30t.html

Thanks,
Alex

I was told by the 'Ideal' crimper dealer that the "toothed" crimper
was for use on NON insulated lugs. (tooth to the lug side opposite to
the seam) and the 'non toothed' crimper was used on INSULATED lugs.
(Doesn't damage the insulation as much) Been doin' crimps that way
for years with no apparent ill effects. YMMV
rgentry_at_oz_dot_net
_AT_ = @, _dot_ = . to eMail