Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Omnibook 6100 Eeprom updating disk for LCD.

"Jack" wrote in message

"Dave D" wrote in message

"Jack" wrote in message
.. .
I changed the LCD to a 15" (used to have 14") on my Omnibook 6100.
Now the LCD does not function and on external display it says that the
LCD is switched off due to a wrong setting in the eeprom and that I have
to set the eeprom with a service software.

Does anyone have a copy of this? I got one copy, but it was for a 6000
model and it claims a "Wrong platform" error.

Help appreciated.

Jan
Finland

Yes, that sounds like HP! Disgraceful! Good luck with your search.

Dave
FWIW, when an HP engineer came out to my premises to replace an LCD on my
6100, he told me the video eeprom update was not generally available to
the general public. You could try asking your country's HP branch if they
could possibly send you out a copy, the worst they can do is say no! As a
last resort you may have to send it in to HP to get it updated, which may
not be cost effective.

Dave

Yes, I am aware of this and that's why I am asking here.
HP wants $400 to update the eeprom!

Jan