Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to use crimping tool

"Andrew VK3BFA" wrote in message
oups.com...

Alex wrote:
Guys,

when you use crimping tools does it matter which side of connector goes
under tooth of
crimping tool? The part where two ends of connectors "neck" tube meet or
other side?

BTW I have a stripping/crimping tool like this one:
http://store.yahoo.com/bostonindustr...crtowi30t.html

Thanks,
Alex

Crimping tools are for people who never learnt how to solder.

Andrew VK3BFA.

Not necessarily! It depends on the circumstance where either soldering or
crimping is more practical.

I consider myself a master in soldering electrical connectors from years of
experience in the industry but I still use crimpers more often when working
with military avionics. Crimping is actually the better and preferred method
in 90% of the work.