Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default How to use crimping tool

Are these better quality crimpers have wider jaws?
Mine don't actually "crimp" terminal but make a deep dent with it's narrow tooth in
terminal neck destroying insulation in the process. I normally make a couple of them
otherwise it doesn't hold wire too good.

JR North wrote:
I usually crimp the seam-side. The theory being the edges of the metal
bite into the wire.
The best crimper IMHO is the Calterm 1250. Did a google, but couldn't
find a link.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Alex wrote:

Guys,

when you use crimping tools does it matter which side of connector
goes under tooth of crimping tool? The part where two ends of
connectors "neck" tube meet or other side?

BTW I have a stripping/crimping tool like this one:
http://store.yahoo.com/bostonindustr...crtowi30t.html

Thanks,
Alex