Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default 12,000 spare safety matches, any ideas what to do with them?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:09:16 -0000, "Suz" wrote:

|"Lobster" wrote in message
| SJP wrote:
| "Suz" wrote in message
|
|Tonight is the great emptying ceremony of 400 matchboxes.
|
|What is the best DIY thing I could do with the matches?
|
|Suzanne
|

| Bonfire...but keep one back to light it...lol
|
| That would be my solution too - but then, I'm a bloke. It's probably a
| boy thing.
|
|Shut up. It's what I wanna do.
|

| How about letting the competition winner light the fire?!
|
|That's what I want to do. But I'm secretary of the PTA and some numpty'd
|blow the eyebrows off the entire family and I'd be sued. Plus, see above.

A trail of matches, maybe ?3*3? ?10? in all, or maybe a thicker trail,
would work like a fuse, light one end and the fire would run along the
trail. The person lighting it could then be far enough from the whoosh.
That would need some experiments to find out the size if the trail which
would sustain a fire to run along the trail
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are