Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Wang

Default Where and which magnetron do I need?

I have a GE Spacesaver microwave, the lights come on, and it
*seems* to work, but not heating, and there's a burning rubber
smell. Basically, the magnatron is kaputt. I did some search
through google. Typed in the model number: JVM1640AB 003, and
a thread on doityourself.com showed up, and said exactly
what I suspected - burning smell, dead magnatron - common
problem. So I guess I need to replace the magnatron on this one.
I've replaced the magnatron on another microwave before, so it
shouldn't be too difficult. I just need to find out which
magnatron I need and where I can source one.

Thanks in advance.

--
davewang202(at)yahoo(dot)com