Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Dick

Default OT - The Gear We Leave Behind

LOL! I can't believe you said that. This administration and Rep. Congress
have pushed thru more pork than any admin. in the history of the U.S.

Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at
"Steve W." wrote in message
Hate to tell you this but that has been SOP since there was an Army. You
leave the heavy stuff in theater since it is much more difficult to
transport the same equipment in/out with every unit. Makes no sense to
transport an Abrams or a field gun around when it is needed by the folks
who are using it daily. As for the Guard not having gear you can than
Slick and his friends for gutting the military for 8 years. GWB has been
pushing increased money for the troops and gear but the left keeps
crying that they need to spend it on their pork projects instead.

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
The theory is that it will be used by troops remaining but it leaves

the
guard with nothing to train on when they get home. Another indication

that
the Shrub and his neocon cronies have the foresight of an ant.

--
Glenn Ashmore

"Cliff" wrote in message

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.d...603100338/1036
[
"We're getting ready for tsunamis. We're getting ready for

earthquakes.
We're
getting ready for forest fires. Cut all that back and I think you're

left
with a
really troublesome situation."
-- Washington state Gov. Chris Gregoire, one of several governors

who
recently
asked President Bush not make reductions in National Guard forces

and to
return
guard equipment that has been left in Iraq.

The government has given whole new meaning to the old phrase "You

can't
take it
with you." A Government Accountability Office report says that in

the past
three
years, National Guard troops have been obliged to leave 64,000

pieces of
equipment, worth $1.2 billion, in Iraq.
]

News==----